Empties part one.

 I have accumulated rather a lot of empties over the last couple of months, but hey that means I am actually using products up. As there's so many I am going to split this into two posts, with the second being up later in the week.
 
 
  So first up on part one of September/October empties is The Body Shop All-in-one BB Cream. I loved this; it provides light coverage, and leaves a glowy finish on my face. One that suggests radiance, just what I like. Considering it it a light base I do find it covers up any redness quite easily. I have also found it to be the perfect base for when my skin's having a drier day, as it simply provides coverage and moisturises at the same time. Would I repurchase? Of course, in fact I already have another one in the lighter shade on the go.
Next up is the St Ives Apricot Invigorating Face Scrub. The only face scrub I have ever wanted to repurchase. I won't say too much as I have written a full review a while back, but in short this is an amazing product that simply does its job, and brightens the skin. You can feel it working, and I really do notice a difference. Would I repurchase? Yes, definitely.
The Elemis skin clear mattifying moisturiser was a deluxe sample that I loved at first, but have slowly grow to dislike. In fact there is still about half the product in the tube. The product itself doesn't smell amazing, but I originally found it mattified my skin, and kept the shine at bay all day. Slowly it seemed to work less :S, and was irritating my skin so I decided to stop using the product. It could be good for you if your skin is less sensitive than mine, but would I repurchase? Nope, I'm afraid not.
The Body Shop Rainforest Volume Conditioner was one I picked up to try out on a long weekend. I had heard great things about the product, and love the fact it doesn't contain sulphates but unfortunately I found this product wasn't for me. It did condition my hair and leave it soft, but not knot-free as I kind of expect from a conditioner. I found my hair quite hard to brush through, unlike I normally experience with conditioners. Would I repurchase? I don't think so.
The Body Shop Cocoa body wash is one I can't decide on. Besides Soap & Glory The Body Shop are my favourite place to buy shower gels from. I usually love cocoa butter products way too much, but this one I swear had a weird un-cocoa butter smell. This made me not really wanting to use it. I already have the larger size waiting for me currently, but would I repurchase after that? I really don't know, I guess I'll have to decide once I've finished that one too.
Another The Body Shop product is next, this time their Rainforest Volume Shampoo. Another one I loved the idea with it being sulphate free and everything, but like the conditioner I didn't get on with this product either. It didn't seem to properly clean my hair, as in it looked like it needed washing after just one day. So, would I repurchase? Another no.
 
Last up is a sample I received with my Sephora order a couple of months back. It is the Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Foundation. This product I 100% loved and have found it so hard to resist purchasing the full size. I found it really did leave my skin looking fresh and flawless. It was slightly matte, so a bit different to what I normally go for but how long it lasted on me made up for it entirely. I literally found this stayed on my day from 9am right up to about 9pm in the evening when I took it off. I think it could have lasted even longer had I wanted it to. Would I purchase? Hell yes, I can't wait to have my hands on this foundation. No SPF either.
 
So that is the end of part one of my empties. A mixed review this time, but I have definitely found a few more favourites that I can see myself using for a while. What have you used up lately? Have you tried any of these products?
 
 
post signature

Labels: