Duty Free Purchases

Swatches L-R: Chanel Rouge Coco hydrating creme lip colour in shade 17, and Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in shade B12
Today's post is one I've been meaning to post for a while now; my purchases from the tempting Duty Free.

I was actually impressed with myself and how much I resisted, even though I'm sure the boyfriend disagrees haha. The first product I just had to get was the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua - a foundation I have wanted to try for quite some time now. It is described by Chanel as "ultra-light skin perfecting makeup". I would actually say that is exactly what the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is. The foundation feels like just your normal skin once it's on and blended in. It does provide a light coverage, working quite well to conceal my dark circles, and it really brightens up my face. I have been really enjoying this product, and I am glad I finally decided to take the plunge. This is one product worth the hype it gets. For reference I have the shade 12 Beige Rose.

My second purchase was more of an impulse, but again from Chanel. It was one of their hydrating creme lip colours from the Rouge Coco range in shade 17 Orchidee (I think that might be the Italian colour name). I loved how moisturising these felt went swatching, and the packaging is so gorgeous I couldn't resist. As to the shade itself, it is a dark pinky-red colour if that makes sense, and definitely the colour that stood out to me. It's kind of a brighter version of my natural lip colour and really brightens up my face in an instant. Chanel say that it is a "creamy satin lipstick," and again I would say they have got it pretty much spot on. The formula is extremely creamy, and easily adheres to my lips. The finish is glossy and satin. I also was surprised by the wear-time, I have found it lasts 4-5 hours before needing a touch-up. However, if you're planning to eat the lipstick does transfer quite easily unfortunately.

So, what do I think overall? I absolutely love these products, and I am glad I ventured into Chanel makeup. I would love to try some more of their lipsticks, but as I am attempting to save this probably won't be for a while.

Have you tried any Chanel products? If you have what is your favourite product, and if you haven't what would be your first purchase if you got the chance?



Labels: