YouBeauty Discovery beauty box July 2014.


For those of you who don't know Youbeauty Discovery is a beauty box subscription you receive on a monthly basis at a mere cost of just £6.95 including postage. Each month, you get to choose two products from a specific theme. Alongside this you also receive two additional items; one normally a food/drink item, and the other being some form of a beauty product.

This month's theme was Travel, a perfect fitting considering the time of year and everyone seems to be going on holiday. The products I chose were the L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara, the Green People sun lotion SPF 15. Additionally I received the Dove Men's shave cream, a 3ml sample of the Egyptian Magic's all purpose skin cream and a perfume sample of Agent Provocateur's Fatale.

Last month I also chose a L'Oreal product, and have to say similarly to last month my favourite product is the L'Oreal product, the Miss Manga Mascara. I am actually saving this as I seem to have accumulated quite a few different mascara's despite not purchasing any for a while. It features a 360 degree flexible cone shaped brush which is said to be perfect for using on both upper and lower lashes. I love adding volume to my lashes so can't wait to try this one out - I just hope it leaves my lashes seperated as well, as I can't stand any clumping.

Next up is the Green People sun lotion with SPF 15. I again haven't tried this, simply because I received  it just after I got back from my holiday and it hasn't been overly sunny since. One of the main reasons I chose this was because similarly to the Piz Buin tanning accelerating products this one contains a sun accelerator. It is said that trials have shown that the speed of tanning is increased by 25%, and the tan-fading rate is reduced by 50% - how brilliant does that sound? I can't wait to try this out, and might even give it a go on my face as it is also said to be non-pore-clogging.

The last couple of items were this month's extras. The Egyptian Magic all purpose skin cream is said to be super moisturising, combined with six natural ingredients to help protect the skin. Apparently it is popular amongst Hollywood actresses and models, so it must be good.

The second item was the Dove's men shaving cream. I don't have much to say about this other then it is supposed to make a man's shaving experience more enjoyable. I guess it's a nice extra item that girls might pass on to their other halves.

They also included a perfume sample of Agent Provocateur's Fatale. As much as I hate it when beauty boxes include perfume samples, it is a good way to try out new perfumes a bit more thoroughly than a quick spray in your local beauty shop.

I can't say I am in love with this box, I would have liked a bit more choice but for the price I can't complain. The L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara alone is worth £8.99, and if I had of been a bit quicker I could have got hold of L'Occitane mini shampoo and conditioner duo. That would have been pretty amazing.

What do you think of the products I received? Do you subscribe to any beauty boxes?
 
 
 post signature

Labels: