Holiday makeup: what I actually used...

As I am sure most of us do when we go on holiday, I slightly over-packed on the makeup I thought I was going to wear. In comparison to the products I packed I probably used less than a quarter of them :O.

All I really wanted to do was ensure my eyebrows didn't look a right mess, and cover up my dark circles. Other than that, I was completely comfortable going out and about everywhere and anywhere with my bare skin.

I started by popping my Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer under my eyes to awaken the area. I used my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to blend this in. I then started on my eyebrows by running my favourite Sleek Brow Stylist through them, starting with the spoolie followed by the powder/wax pencil to help define them. Then I popped a little bit of Seventeen Va Va Voom waterproof mascara on to my lashes. Lastly, I used the Maybelline Matte Maker Mattifying powder to set my concealer, and help calm any of the oilier parts of my face - even this I didn't do every day.

And that is literally all I wore on a daily basis - how impressive is that. The great thing about this simplified routine is also how quick and easy it is to do. Occasionally in the evenings I did apply a lipstick to add a bit of extra colour, but I still stuck with the basic routine above.

What makeup do you wear when your on holiday? Do you tend to also wear far less makeup?


                                         post signature

Labels: