Holiday Beach Essentials


In the fifth post of my holiday series I thought I'd share with you my beach essentials. When going to the beach it is always ideal to pack light, but there are some items you just can't live without - these are my personal choices.

I like to have a bag that can easily fit in my towel and a few other essentials. I love the large clear beach bags from New Look, but found this palm tree backpack on a special offer, also from New Look, so went for this. It costs £15 at the moment, and is also doubling as my hand luggage bag.

The first thing to go in my bag is of course a large towel for the beach. This one is a bath sheet so the perfect size. Next up I pop in my bikini. I have a choice of four packed, but the one featured above is from New Look, and cost £9.99 for the top, and £7.99 for the bottoms. To go alongside these I popped in my flipflops and sunglasses, both from Primark, and another bargain purchase at £1 each. I love how there's three colours all blended together on the frame of the sunglasses.

If I'm at a beach wearing a bikini then obviously a fair bit of skin is on show, this means sun cream. I will be taking my Piz Buin Tan & Protect tan accelerating oil spray in SPF 30 - I am hoping this will not only protect my skin, but also help encourage it to tan. I will be writing a full review once I'm back from holiday.
I don't read a lot but thought I'd bring along my kindle, as the beach seems like the perfect time to just chill with a book. I have downloaded Mr Maybe by Jane Green in preparation.

Just in case we go anywhere from the beach I like to bring a couple of makeup essentials and a body spray. I'll be taking this little makeup bag, which cost £1.99 from H&M, my The Body Shop All-in-One Face base, my Nuxe lip moisturising stick, The Body Shop Colour Crush Shine Lipstick in shade 18, and the Real Techniques Retractable Kabuki Brush. My choice of body spray, which I seem to have forgotten to photograph, but will be the Soap & Glory super tonic fragrance in Orangeasm - a lovely summery orange scented spray.

What are your essentials when you go to the beach?
post signature

Labels: ,