Nars Narsissist Cheek Palette - the naughty purchase.

I've wanted to try some Nars products for a while, namely their blushes and radiant concealer. I still haven't managed to get ahold of the concealer in my colour (Vanilla - I would be the shade that always sells out), but I did spot this product on the Nars website the other week, and thought it would be the perfect chance to try a few of Nars' products. I had seen it a little while back, but hadn't managed to get ahold of it until recently.


On to the product itself, the Nars Narsissist Cheek Palette, is one palette containing all the shades needed to perfect your cheeks. It includes the famous Orgasm blush shade,  also famous Laguna bronzer shade, and a special edition: Devotee highlighting shade. As a nice little additional extra they have also popped in a little travel blush brush. Just a quick extra note, this is a limited edition palette.


The first cheek colour you see in the palette is the special edition Devotee highlighting colour. As to the colour itself it is a perfect peachy-pink colour with a light shimmer to the shade. I have been using this alongside the other two colours on the tops of my cheeks, middle of my nose, just below my eyebrows and on my cupids bow. The shimmer in the product adds to the highlighting qualities by just adding that little glow to my face, without being too overpowering or obvious.

Next up is the blush shade - this was the product I was most excited about, I have heard so much about Nars blush powders and wanted to try one for a while. The one included is the Orgasm blush powder I am sure you have all heard of. Colour-wise it's a pink shade with gold flecks of sparkle/shimmer. I actually was surprised by this product, I was expecting the shade to appear far far brighter on my cheeks, but actually it is a gorgeous pink shade that shows off the centre of your cheeks.

Lastly is the bronzer shade, Laguna, another product I had heard so much about. The shade of this is a light chocolate brown colour with a slight bit of shimmer. But don't be scared by the shimmer, it doesn't actually show up on the face so obvious. I absolutely love this bronzer, and would have to say it's my favourite out of the three cheek products included. It is a relatively light brown colour, so perfect for my skin tone and those of you out there with a lighter skin tone as well.

(From L-R Devotee highlighter, Orgasm blush and Laguna Bronzer)
As you can see from the swatches all three products are relatively natural, and not too in-your-face.
Each cheek colour contains a generous 2.5g of product, a pretty decent size for a palette.

As to the brush that was included I was expecting not to be overly impressed by the product, but I actually have been. The brush itself is a minature version of the newly released blush brush. It is amazingly soft, but easily picks up just the right amount of product. I have been using it just for the blush at the moment, but due to its small size I can see it being a good multitasking brush when travelling.

So, what do I think? I love the idea of having everything you need to perfect and sculpt your face powder-wise in one palette. I also love the products within the palette, particularly the bronzing powder. Wear-wise I have found it to be about 6-8 hours for the blush and highlighter, with the bronzer being slightly longer. The brush is a nice litte edition as well. I am definitely impressed by my first venture into Nars products, and can't wait to get trying more.

If you're looking for an all-in-one palette this could be the one for you. Two of the powders are permanent so you don't have to worry about falling in love, and not being able to purchase again. It is currently exclusive to Space NK and sadly sold out, but it is still available over on the Nars website at £35 so head over there if this tickles your fancy.


Labels: