Boots Botanics All Bright Cleansing Toner review


Boots Botanics is a range of products created using all natural ingredients. Each product is created using steps to reduce the impact on the planet in every step in the products journey. The All Bright range is one of five within the Boots Botanics skincare product ranges. The range has been created to help brighten the skin, with the natural ingredient of hibiscus flower, which contains natural acids known to help with brightening the skin.

The product I am reviewing from the All Bright range is the Boots Botanics Cleansing toner. The product states "this revitalising toner helps visibly tighten pores and instantly brighten skin. Skin is left feeling fresher and prepared for moisturising." This sounds like a typical toner but it then goes on: "Natural AHA's from the flower act as mild exfoliators to help leave skin smoother and brighter." From what I can gather AHA's help speed up cell reproduction, which is what creates the smoother and brighter skin.

I brought this to replace my beloved Garnier toner, but as mentioned in a previous post the toner's formula has sadly been changed. On immediate application my skin did feel toned, and instantly fresh, but nothing different to other toners I have tried.

This was until a few days of using the product. This is when I started to notice the differences; my skin started to appear brighter and more awake, immediately after use.

Then, a couple of weeks ago I had an eczema flare up in reaction to self-tan (:(), this included eczema on my face, mainly my forehead. This was when the product was really put to test, and I have to say I was thoroughly impressed. Within a few days of use, the eczema started to soften on my skin, enabling easier makeup application, and then it literally completely disappeared. This to me showed results of the AHA working, when I actually needed to them to.

So, what do I think? I am glad I had a chance to try this toner. I love the way it has helped keep my skin looking nice and bright. This is particularly nice for those mornings you really don't want to get up. As you can see, I have already purchased back-ups which I rarely do. If you're looking for a new toner I definitely suggest you give this one a look in, the mild exfoliation really does work. Just remember to use sunscreen or a product with sun protection in it, alongside this, as AHA's do increase the skin's sensitivity to sun.

Don't forget to pop back tomorrow, they'll be a post sharing my latest haul - have a nice day.

Labels: